Tuesday, September 2, 2008

School, Pants, Fall

So school has started again and going back makes me value summer so much. I actually thought I was ready to get started this year, but that excitement faded fairly quickly. Actually, when I think about it, I really am glad to be back and to see the kids and the people I work with. I'm excited about watching my kids make progress and seeing what they, and I, can accomplish this year. And I hope I can keep that excitement going throughout the year.

A bad thing about going to work every day is that now I have to find things that I can wear, which is becoming more of a challenge. Many of my pants are too tight but maternity pants are too big. By the end of the day I feel like I've grown an extra 2 inches in diameter. At least I can come home and put my gym shorts back on. I've decided that my goal is to weigh the same as M - he's been going to the gym and eating better so he's losing a lot of weight. If he keeps losing and I gain enough, we can meet in the middle. :)

Going back to school also always makes me want fall to be here. Not that we have much of a fall, but there is a change in the weather, and I love so many things about fall. It makes me think of high school football, leaves, those days when you can feel the air getting cooler and less humid...fall is definitely my favorite season. I'm ready to put out fall decorations in the house and wear long sleeves and have a fire in our fire pit. And we're planning to go camping at the beginning of November. When the times comes, I may regret that but I think it will be fine. We just have to borrow an air mattress. We'll take pictures and tell baby E about his/her first camping trip.

3 comments:

Missie said...

Hey, I know this is going to make me sound "mom-ish" BUT, try things with elastic... like skirts, they got me through until I needed maternity pants, OR, just wear longs shirts and leave your pants unbuttoned (oh wait, they make belly bands that go over your jeans so you can leave them open, but covers everything.)

Emily said...

Thanks mis - I wore jeans today and used a rubber band around the button. :) The zipper kept wanting to fall down but my shirt was long enough. And yeah skirts are working for me, and I've been looking for more like drawstring or elastic type waists. I can't wait to see you!!!

Missie said...

I tried to call you today, but your phone said you weren't taking any calls. Strange phone. :)
Just calling to see if you are doing okay with the hurricane stuff. Let me know if you need someplace in SA to flee too!
Can't wait to see you next weekend!