Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

We had a fun Easter weekend! We were all off on Friday so we went to the zoo. It was super-crowded but we still had fun. Max said his favorite animal was the giraffe. He also said that was the only animal he saw. After the zoo and our picnic lunch, we took the train around the park. I don't think we'll ever be able to go to the zoo without a train ride too! Saturday our neighbors hosted their annual Easter egg hunt. Max painted an Easter egg sun catcher, played with bubbles, got a tattoo and ate a humongous Easter egg cookie. They had a ton of eggs all over their yard. There were probably about 20 kids there, and they let the youngest go first before the bigger ones ran in and got everything. Max went in and picked up about 8-10 eggs and then, surrounded by more eggs, he said he was done and wanted to play on their swing set. Ahh well, less candy to bring home! And progress was made on the Easter bunny front - he agreed to go stand with the bunny if Matt went too.

We went to church first thing Sunday morning.  It was a great service.  I kind of forgot to get out his Easter basket for when he got up in the morning, so I set it out before we left for church, and he was excited to see it when we got home. Both sets of grandparents, and Great, came for lunch, and we also had our friends Jamie and Trish over with their kids Gisele and Miles. I think it's more fun for Max to be able to hunt eggs with friends. They did that after we ate and then we also had some confetti eggs. We had them last year,  and Max remembered them so I had to be sure to find them again this year!

See this post for previous pictures with the big bunny
 



We didn't have school Monday either so Max and I had a nice day. We met Matt for lunch and then went to Pump It Up, an inflatable place, with Lindsay and Kherington. Max and K had a blast playing. It made me ready for summer...only 8 weeks to go!

No comments: