Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekend Fun

We've had a nice weekend, and I'm in the mood to blog (which I haven't been motivated to do lately, which might be obvious since it took me a month to post about Max's birthday!). Friday night, we went to hang out with some friends and eat hamburgers. It was a last-minute thing but very nice to just talk and watch the kids play. We all agreed we were glad we just went their house instead of going somewhere to eat because the kids had a lot more fun than they would have at a restaurant and so we got to stay longer!

Saturday we didn't do much. Max had gymnastics but for some reason he didn't want to do anything so we  left early. We just stayed in for the rest of the day. I went to the grocery store and then put together Valentines for Max's school party. I found this idea on Pinterest, and I love how they turned out! I also like that they don't involve candy and that I found the glowsticks 12 for $1 at Dollar Tree and how many kids are in Max's class? Twelve! So I spent $1 on his Valentines! Oh and they were super fast and east to put together! The source for the idea and template is http://theteacherwife.blogspot.com/2011/12/you-make-my-glow-v-day-freebie.html.


We went to church Saturday evening so we had a whole day today and so we went to the Children's Museum. We first planned to go to the zoo but then realized it was barely going to get up to 50 degrees today so we decided to do the museum instead. Apparently everyone else in Houston did too! It was pretty crowded but Max had a good time. He did a little more than he has before. His favorite part is the "city" but usually just because he wants to "drive" the police car and ambulance. But today he actually left those willingly and did everything else there too - cooked in the "cafe," took care of a (stuffed) hamster in the "vet's office," and went grocery shopping. He enjoyed some of the other things more too. He just told me one of his favorite things was flying paper airplanes.





We were supposed to host our small group at our house this evening, but several people were sick and then the rest of us decided that we should just not meet this week. Then it started sleeting so I guess that was a good decision! It was not much sleet, but since that's been the extent of our winter weather this year it was a little exciting!

Sleet on our patio cover - ha!

So we had a nice warm meal of gumbo (thanks to Tony Chachere) and garlic-cheese biscuits and now we're on the couch with blankets while Max watches a movie. There's wood in the fireplace for later, to go with a mug of hot chocolate or a glass of wine...haven't decided which yet! Too bad tomorrow is Monday!

No comments: