Tuesday, December 8, 2009

One Last Monthly Post

Today Max is 11 months old. That means in one more month, he'll be a year! (my math skills are pretty good, right?) Everyone says time goes so fast with babies, but I really can't believe I'm going to have a one year old in a month! Max happened to be at the doctor today - he has his first ear infection and RSV to go with it - so we know that he weighs 21.5 pounds. He is scooting around pretty well now, but mostly backwards, and he's starting to get pretty frustrated when he can't get where he wants. When he does go forward, his crawl consists of about three steps - he gets up on his knees, then pushes in with his toes and gets his knees off the ground, then kind of moves his feet forward and then goes back to his knees or stomach (wait I think that's 4 steps!). It's a bit of a process so I can understand his frustration! Much of the time, he would rather be standing. He likes to stand up by his crib or the coffee table and walk around them. Max has also discovered doors. He scoots over to his closet doors and swings them back and forth if they're open a little. When he was on the floor in the kitchen the other day, he figured out that he could open the cabinets. He waves at everyone now and starts doing it as soon as he hears "bye". Oh yeah, and still no teeth! At the doctor's office today, they said they could see them right at the surface, but I'm pretty sure that's what they said at his 9 month appointment.

Can't wait to celebrate one year!

2 comments:

Kara said...

Ooooooh, sorry about the ear infection and RSV. JJ's never had an ear infection but he definitely had RSV. I hope he feels better soon! He is such a cutie and getting so big!

Missie said...

Max is very precious and getting so big. Sorry about the ear infection and RSV, also. Not fun at all!