Monday, August 18, 2008

The First Post

I've been reading lots of blogs lately and I really wanted to start one. But I couldn't think of anything to write about - nothing really exciting happens in our lives, I'm not too funny, or creative enough to just write things that people would want to read. Then I thought, if I really want to blog, we should have baby. And that's what we did!

I'm now 15 weeks along. The first 3 months went so fast. I've felt good the whole time, which I've been happy about. Then someone kind of ruined that for me the other night by telling me that they know several people who had good pregnancies but then had really fussy babies and difficult pregnancies but good babies. I was actually kind of wondering as she was talking, "Why are you telling me this?". But I'm still chalking the "no-morning-sickness" up to genes - my mom wasn't sick with me or my sister and I've never heard horrible stories about us as infants (though I'm pretty sure my sister was worse...).

The only thing I've realized about not being sick or anything is that still, even 15 weeks into it, I have times where I think "Is this real?". Then I remember that we've heard the heartbeat 3 times now, we have an ultrasound picture, and yes, there is a life growing in me. I get to to have my ultrasound where hopefully we'll find out if the baby is a boy E or girl E in a month and hopefully before that I'll start feeling some movement. I'm excited about that!

So this is our new chapter. Becoming parents is something we've thought about and prayed about for a long time and will for sure be praying about for the rest of our lives now!

The First Baby Picture
(Can you find the baby?)

3 comments:

Trish said...

Yay for starting a blog! I wish I had done one while while I was pregnant. And yay for the little baby bean!

Missie said...

Oh!!! I cannot wait to see you and baby E!!

AND, yes you are creative and funny.. it is just natural so you don't have to work too hard on it.
Love you!

eec said...

excuse me.... i was worse??